About this Yacht
San Diego, CA
34 ft 0 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
View More Details
LOA: 34 ft 0 in
Beam: 23 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 2 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 5000 lbs
Total Power: 18 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 18 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (28 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (18 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Built in New England by the original owners, she spent most of her life in New England. Her owners sailed her to Florida where she stayed for a year. The current owner bought her and sailed her in Florida and then decided to move her to San Diego. He removed the amas and mast and had her trucked to San Diego. Cost was approx. $10,000.
The accommodation layout sleeps up to 4 with a double bunk in the aft cabin and two singles forward. There is a comfortable saloon with a great view through large windows. Sailing performance is excellent. She has a pivot-up centerboard and rudder. This is very able cruising boat in a small package.
The construction consists of thin epoxy laminated plywood and foam. The decks of the amas use plywood and the top-side use foam. There is no solid fiberglass. The entire boat is core. There is a combination of foam and thin layers of plywood laminated with Epoxy. The entire boat is laid up with Epoxy. I was told by the builder that carbon fiber was used in high stress areas. The attachment points of the beams and the G10 tangs where the struts attach. The standing rigging is wire and the laterals are synthetic. The rig is fractional so the headsail is around 100%.
The boat is painted with Awlgrip 2 part polyurethane. The non-skid is Awlgrip material.
The bottom was last painted in 2016.
Galley & Salon
- Galley pressure water
- Deep stainless sink
- 2 burner Force 10 propane stove with broiler
- Isotherm refrigeration (located in floor)
- Seating on both sides
Both inspection ports in the salon give access to the water tank. The area ahead of the refrigeration box (located in the floor) is storage. It is also access to the bilge. There is cover under the stereo bookshelf area that gives access to the bilge. There is another area ahead of the mast. There is access to the bilge under the aft berth. The only electric bilge pump is in the engine compartment in addition to the pick up for the manual bilge pump. The manual pump is located in the cockpit.
Headroom in salon (5'10" in the small galley area, 4'3" anywhere forward of the galley.)
Sails, Rigging, Centerboard
- Quantum Full Battened Mainsail & Head (original), laminate. Decent condition. The mainsail has 3 reefs.
- Profurl Furler
- Assymetrical spinnaker (never used)
- Harken Battcar System
The diamonds were replaced November 2016. The shrouds may be original but when the mast was re-stepped in November 2016 the rigger thought they looked fine. The laterals were replaced using synthetic line around middle of 2017.
All of the running rigging was replaced in September 2018. The Lewmar Rope Clutches are original but in good working condition.
- To control the centerboard, there is a fiberglass tube bonded to the top forward end of the trunk and the other end of the tube attaches under the deck adjacent to the mast. The control lines run up the tube to a double block attached to the mast and back to the cockpit. Along the top of the trunk there is a length of G 10 that is fastened around the perimeter. There is access on either side of the foreword end of the trunk to get to the pivot pin.
- 200 watt solar panels
- 12 volt panel; 12v lighting throughout
- Gel batteries (2012 and still work fine)
- Battery Charger
- B & G Depthsounder, Speed and Knotmeter (2018)
- Vesper XB-800 AIS Transponder Nav Station(2018)
- 11" Ipad with Navionics
- Icom VHF(2018)
- 2 Autohelm ST 1500 Tiller Pilots with a wired remote to control when not in the cockpit.
- Plastimo compass
- Double anchor roller, 2 anchors, chain & rode.
- Bottom Paint (2016)
- Dyneema nets
- Stowage outboard and below
- Port side nav station with chart table lift top stowage under
- Dock lines & fenders
- Delta 22lb 3' or 4' chain 5/16
- Fortress 18lb with chain/rode (not sure how much)
- USCG safety equipment