About this Yacht
40 ft 5 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
View More Details
Designer: Hunter Design Team
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 5 in
Beam: 13 ft 5 in
LWL: 35 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 11 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Ballast: 7000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 20000 lbs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1994
Engine Model: 50
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2172
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 6
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Outboard engine brackets
- Groco C-60 wash down pump with quick connect, hose and sprayer
- Maxwell anchor windlass with both drum and wildcat.
- 200’ chain spliced to 150’ 3 strand nylon 35 lb.
- Danforth High Tensile anchor (Bow) 20lb.
- Danforth High Tensile anchor (Stern) in locker with 25 ft. of chain and 150 ft. 3 strand nylon rode.
- Anchor bracket on Port stern rail.
- Dedicated ss anchor cleat located lower center stern 250 ft. of floating nylon 3 stand for shore ties.
- Lifesling 2 with hardshell case.
- All halyards lead from powered winch to waterline for man overboard recovery
- Forespar Lightning Master lightning diffusor at masthead
- 80 foot tubular nylon jackline
- 2 pad eyes in cockpit
- Webasto diesel hydronic furnace with Summer and Winter loops, three heat exchangers and expansion reservoir
- Dickenson Newport solid fuel stove with removable chimney and custom fire glass door
- Seaward 6 gallon 110volt/furnace/engine heat exchanger water heater
- Additional Webasto recirculator pump for engine heat exchanger loop
- Engine room halogen lighting
- Emergency engine room fire extinguisher port
- 3 large AB fire extinguishers and one halon extinguisher for engine space.
- Solenoid fuel pump/engine shut off with engine stop button at helm.
- Raymarine RL80C Pathfinder color radar/chart plotter with MARPA master at Nav table
- RRL70C slave at helm
- RayChart cartridges for the entire West Coast of North America
- Interphase Forward looking sonar at helm
- ICOM IC`M502 VHF with DSC
- ICOM ICM`1 handheld VHF
- Raymarine smart autopilot with ST600 handheld remote
- Garmin GPS 120XL at nav table
- Eclipse CD 5423 AM/FM CD player with remote with selectable speakers in: Vee berth,
- Bose surround sound (4 speakers and 2 subwoofers) in main Saloon,
- Bose speakers in aft cabin, and Bose built-in speakers in cockpit.
- Supersonic 22inch 12 volt HD TV with USB and remote
- Blaupunkt DVD player with remote
- FireBoy XINTEX carbon monoxide alarm
- First Alert 10 year smoke alarm and USB
- Heart Interface 2000 watt inverter/charger
- Heart Interface Link 2000rR monitor
- Four Trojan Batteries totaling 800 amp hours
- Asymetrical spinnaker with sock
- Custom loose footed Mainsail with Harken ball bearing outhaul track
- Mainsail and Jib removed each Fall and stored indoors
- Dutchman mainsail flaking system
- Harken headsail roller furling system
- Hunter inner forestay chainplate
- Stowable inner forestay with highfield lever
- Forespar line control telescoping whisker/spinnaker pole with mast mount
- 12 Lewmar bleedable rope clutches,
- all lines lead to cockpit
- Harken ball bearing blocks for halyards,topping lift, and preventer lines.
- Harken dual cockpit turning blocks with stoppers for staysail and jib
- Harken ball bearing cockpit adjustable jib car system
- Harken Battcar ball bearing mainsail handling system
- Custom cockpit adjustable solid boom vang
- Single line first and second reefing system with Harken ball bearing blocks and in-boom doubling block
- Lewmar/Harken mainboom preventer
- Harken 14 to 1 line control adjustable backstay tackle
- T900 lower backstay with Harken block
- Lewmar Port side cabin top Manual winch
- Lewmar Starboard side Powered 2 speed halyard winch
- Lewmar Powered 2 speed Sheet winches
- Headsail and Mainsail halyards are Stayset x Topping lift T900
- All control lines lead to cockpit
- All Halyards removed each Fall and replaced with 3 strand nylon messenger lines (included)
- All lines reach from cockpit to waterline for overboard recovery
- All lines have reeving eyes for reeving messenger lines
- Custom made 2 inch Solid teak saloon table
- Custom solid teak recessed ceiling lighting
- Custom teak surrounds for Oceanair Screens/blinds on the 2 main Saloon hatches and foreword hatch
- Teak wine glass rack
- Custom ss main saloon grab rail
- Leather nav table surface
- Custom solid teak contoured nav seat
- Custom contoured solid teak companionway steps
- 5 Hella Turbo 2 speed 12 volt fans
- Halogen lighting throughout the boat
- Jabsco home sized toilet.
- Diverter valves for treatment and overboard discharge of sewage or diversion to holding tank
- Raritan Electrasan Type 1 marine sanitation system
- Custom replacement 40 gallon ss holding tank with gauge (new, never used)
- Magma Newport ss propane BBQ
- Custom fiberglass sealed propane locker with two 2.5 gallon aluminum propane bottles with switching valve.
- Bosch LED forward nav lights
- LEDs in stern light, steaming light, and anchor light.
- Forward deck light
- Custom ss stern arch with high powered halogen lamps
- Solid teak bow and stern seats with white plastic winter replacements.
IJPE : 760.33 sq ft
I : 50.33 ft
J : 13.25 ft
P : 52.00 ft
E : 16.42 ft
Working Sail Area : 760.00 sq ft
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Hunter 40.5 was conceived as a comfortable cruising boat, and as in all Legend Series boats, a tough competitor too. She blends comfort, performance, and shorthanded sailing capabilities all in one package. Her powerful rig, swept back spreaders, and large mainsail enhance her performance, while the bulb-wing keel keeps her stable and shallow in draft. Special touches like a small furling headsail, single-line reefing, and sail flaking, make cruising the 40.5 so enjoyable. A wide-open cockpit, complete with table keep you comfortable in a seaway or on the hook. Down below, there is an incredible salon finished in rich fabrics, hand-rubbed teak and Corian counters. The L-shaped galley is truly workable including a dual-opening refrigerator and freezer, stove with oven, and even a dish rack complete with dishes. Accommodations are sumptuous and can handle a crew of six and even eight with the optional tri-cabin version. The Hunter 40.5 boasts 17 opening ports and enough dry storage to comfortably live aboard. From the innovative walk-through transom to the stainless anchor roller, no one provides a better-equipped or a more value-oriented, comfortable cruiser than the Hunter 40.5.