About this Yacht
San Diego, CA
50 ft 5 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
View More Details
LOA: 50 ft 5 in
Beam: 15 ft 4 in
LWL: 45 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 5 in
Displacement: 30644 lbs Dry Load
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2014
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 500
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots @ 2200 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Plastic (126 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 Plastic (40 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fresh water maker
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Outboard engine brackets
Special Features and Upgrades
- Onan Generator
- Water Maker
- Bow Thruster
- Full Battery Bank replaced 3/2019
- Saildrive - serviced 10/2019
- 12' Zodiac Dingy Fiberglass Floor
- 9.9 HP Yamaha Outboard Motor
- Custom Mounting Bracket in Fwd Sail Locker for outboard
- Outboard Lifting Bridal
- Drop Down Transom for easy access to the deck and sea
- KVH Direct TV System
- 40" Samsung LED Smart TV 1080
- Fusion AV 750 Stereo & DVD Player
- Apple TV
- Underwater Lights
- LED Cockpit Lights
- Harken Electric Primary Winches (2)
- Harken Electric Primary Winches (1)
- Dodger with Upgraded Strata Glass 9/15/2017
When you get on board on this beautiful Jeanneau 509, you will immediately feel the luxurious and the spaciousness of the salon, the teak interior gives a warm ambiance, the port hole and coach roof windows bring plenty of fresh air and natural lights. The teak flooring is one level, there’s no door sills and no steps and plenty of storage all around.
If you are a chef, you will love this T shape galley. She offers a large counter space, two stainless steel sinks, top and bottom loader refrigerator, three burner stoves with an oven, microwave and plenty of storage.
The dinette has a u-shape seating with a cream ultra-leather upholstery and the large teak table folds down and can accommodate 4 to 6 people comfortably.
Across from the dinette to port, there are two comfortable seats and there is a table in between the seats where you can stow away your bottles of wine.
Aft of the dinette is your navigation station with a large chart table, equipped with electronic instruments and entertainment center.
A spacious forward master berth with an island queen bed, a large opening hatch, vanity, hanging lockers and a private head, sink and a separate shower.
There are two comfortable aft berths to port and starboard side with hanging lockers, port holes and plenty of storage. The port berth has access to the 2nd head, sink and shower.
Jeanneau 509 Key Points
According to the Jeanneau Manufacturer, below are the Jeanneau 509 Key Points:
Powerful, balanced and modern hull designed by Philippe Briand, that combines a long waterline length and a hard chine for speed and comfort at sea.
Sleek deck lines, safe and ergonomic with flush hatches and integrated running rigging.
Sail plan with a high aspect ratio. Multiple choices including: self-tacking jib, large, overlapping genoa, Code 0, furling mast, etc...Safe and ergonomic cockpit with lines led back to helm stations.
Relaxation and aesthetics:
• Large cockpit with full-function table
• Fold-down transom for easy access to the sea and sundeck
• Sleek deck with curved windows, flush panels and integrated running rigging
INTERIOR: Lighting, volume and ventilation
• A multitude of ports and hatches for ventilation and light
• 4 distinct zones in the saloon designed to allow each to be used independently without constricting movement throughout the interior.
• Light and luxury down below with solid wood, mat varnish, polished stainless steel, leather and a full selection of interior fabrics.
Lots of features:
• All the key features of the Sun Odyssey range concentrated on the same boat.
INTERIOR: Space, style and comfort
All the attributes of the Sun Odyssey range come together on this yacht:
• Spacious interior with choice of 4 layouts (from 3 to 5 cabins). This vessel offers 3 Cabins and 2 Heads
• An exceptional layout in the saloon, separate zones for living aboard plenty of functional details.
• Luxurious materials, set off by all LED lighting
• Numerous and practical storage lockers, for offshore cruising with friends and family.
• Light and ventilation: 10 hull ports, long deck house windows, lots of opening ports and flush hatches.
• Personalisation: Choice of different fabrics, floorboards and a full list of options allow you to chose the combination that is right for you. This boat has cream ultra leather upholstery and teak and holy floor.
This 21st century technology allows Jeanneau to manufacture complex fiberglass parts with: Perfect finish on both sides (no need for a counter mould)
• Reduced weight (providing the sailboat better stability/performance)
• Increased strength and rigidity of the piece (quality of lay-up)
• Reduction by 90% of VOC emissions (environmentally-friendly)
• Optimum working conditions for the production team (no contact with resins/catalysts) • High quality parts (precise control of gelcoat, core materials and resin injection)
3rd Generation Hull Structure
Jeanneau has long been known for strong and seaworthy boats. Today the technology of boat building has evolved, but our commitment to this tradition has not wavered.
The Jeanneau 3rd Generation Hull Structure combines the latest in fiberglass technology with modern yacht design to deliver a structural reinforcement perfectly adapted to the demands of the offshore sailor.
1. High-load zones cut-out for access to the hull
2. Integrated repair area at aft end of keel
3. Structure is precisely placed in the hull
4. Glued and re-laminated to the hull for strength
5. Acts as a support for the floorboards
6. Keel bolts located near vertical members and through counter mould