About this Yacht
Fremantle, WA, Australia
55 ft 9 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
Builder: Discovery Yachts
Designer: Ron Holland/Ken Freivokh
LOA: 55 ft 9 in
Beam: 15 ft 8 in
LWL: 44 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 3 in
Displacement: 22500 kgs
Total Power: 160 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4LHA-HTP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 160 HP
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Built to MCA Category 2 (up to 60 miles from a safe haven).RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”.
- Composite hull construction with end grain balsa core.
- Layer of kevlar from the bow to just aft of the keel.
- Non-pigmented gel coat is used below the waterline – helps prevent osmosis.
- Vinylester resins are used throughout – stronger and more resistant to osmosis.
- 3 x Layers of epoxy as a barrier against moisture ingress.
- Hull gel coat in ‘Flag Blue’.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Composite construction with end grain balsa core.
- White gel coat with black painted window mullions.
- Teak capping rail & decks. Joined to the hull with epoxy paste and stainless bolts.
- All bulkheads are laminated into the deck.
Keel & Rudder:
- 9,500kg (20,500lb) shaped lead keel and a depth of 7’3” (2.23m) provides a ballast ratio of 42%.
- Semi balanced large kevlar reinforced rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp diesel engine with gearbox ratio of 2.68:1.
- Full walk-in engine room.
- Remotely accessed ducting shut off system.
- Sea water inlet manifold fabricated from stainless steel.
- Sea water strainers with metal bodies.
- All hoses ISO 7840 – to comply with MCA codings.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – 3,245 @ Feb 2020.
- Always serviced at recommended intervals or earlier.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single lever controls at cockpit pedestal.
- Gori 2 speed, 3 bladed feathering propeller.
- Rope cutter to propeller shaft – AM15, 3-bladed.
- Maxpower 125 composite bowthruster.
- Leather covered stainless wheel controlling a Whitlock Mamba, solid rod steering system.
- Emergency tiller.
- Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout.
- 12v & 24v System.
- AC & DC distribution panel.
- Full electrical survey 2019. Required for Australian marinas.
- Aft Cabin – 12V socket either side of berth – 2 in total.
- Forward cabin – 12V socket either side of berth – 2 in total.
- Pullmans cabin – 12V socket to each berth – 2 in total.
- 12 x 2v sealed gel batteries for house providing 500 amp/hour at 24v.
- 1 x Start battery for engine.
- 1 x Start battery for generator.
- All batteries new 2017.
- House battery charging via shore power or generator.
- Victron Quattro charger.
- 24v to 12v dropper, 30 amp output to supply 12v equipment.
- 55 Ah 12v alternator for charging the start battery.
- 110 Ah 24v alternator for charging the main house batteries.
- Onan 11kva generator, 230v.
- Generator hours – 2,747 @ Feb 2020.
- Overhaul 2018.
- 32 amp shore power cable.
- 230v/50Hz Shore power.
- Shore power socket mounted in transom.
- 3kW Victron Quattro Inverter providing 230v/50 Hz.
- 470w Solar panels with associated regulators with custom mounts on top of davits.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold fresh water.
- Pressurized sea water for deck wash & electric toilets.
- Trademark Discovery cockpit bath.
- Water heater plumped to twin coil calorifier; diverter valves fitted to allow by-pass tank.
- New Seagull 1V freshwater filter at galley sink.
- Dockside water fill carbon and sediment filter.
- Shower and sink sump pump for forward and aft heads.
- Seafresh watermaker 105 litre per hour (H206A, 230V 50hz).
- 1 x Manual bilge pump.
- 1 x Electric bilge pump.
- Additional main bilge pump with switching circuit breaker.
Grey & Black Water:
- 1 x Grey water tank
- 2 x Black water tanks.
- Total capacity of 1,334 litres in 3 x polyethylene tanks.
- Total capacity of 1,008 litres in 2 x polyethylene tanks.
Blackwater holding tanks.
- Total capacity of 160 litres in 2 x tanks.
- Storage for up to 3 gas bottles.
- Permanent gas supply to aft deck for rail mounted barbeque.
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch E95 plotter display at pedestal.
- i70 Raymarine multifunction display (2019).
- i60 Raymarine Tridata (2019).
- i50 Raymarine wind display (2019).
- i70 Raymarine multifunction instrument (2019).
- Raymarine Smartpilot X30 with ST7002 control head. Integrated with nav screens and wind. Control at helm, wireless control and wifi control via nav screens.
- Raymarine Digital HD radar (new).
- iPad holder for remote navigation in cockpit. Able to be sited to suit.
- Raymarine E165 hybrid touch screen.
- See Me active radar reflector.
- Furuno navtex.
- Raymarine Raystar 150 GPS (2018) including new GPS receiver on aft pole (2019).
- NMEA Digital air pressure sensor (2019).
- Raymarine 240 dual station VHF radio at helm and at nav station.
- Icom M801 24v with ATU 140 – includes insulated backstay and dynaplate earth– SSB (HF radio).
- Raymarine AIS 650 unit (upgraded).
- Fleet Broadband 250 – satellite communications, telephone and data. Not currently active.
- Digital Yacht 4G connect - GSM booster (2018).
- Digital Yacht iKommunicate - Boat WiFi and transmission of NMEA data (2018).
- Raymarine horn for system alarms (2019).
- WiFi booster antenna on aft pole (2019).
- Wifi and data compression system that links with satellite communications (allowing remote email / data access from an iPad etc.). Installed but not connected.
- Discovery owner manuals & manufacturer manuals all in digital form (can be used as a library on an iPad).
Note: Owners were able to download emails, weather files etc. to an iPad over wifi. iPad ran the yachts polars for weather routing. All this is available to new owners.
- Bosch household sized washing machine.
- Large front opening fridge for easy access (300 litres/10.4 cu.ft).
- Large front opening freezer (170 litres/6 cu.ft).
- GN Enspace 4 burner gas cooker & oven with 4 way gimbal.
- Microwave removed and cupboard used as storage but microwave can easily be refitted.
- Wet locker in galley beneath microwave cupboard now shelved but again can easily be converted back.
- Hot/cold freshwater shower on aft deck to wash down after your swim.
- Electric WC forward heads – Tecma with fresh water and sea water flushing.
- Electric WC aft heads – Tecma with fresh and sea water flushing.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher Hydronic M10 central heating.
- Full tropical air conditioning (1 x 10k BTU forward, 1 x 12k BTU aft, 1 x 16k BTU saloon).
- Fans fitted to all three cabins & saloon (2 x saloon, 2 x in aft cabin, 2 x in forward cabin and 2 x in pullman cabin).2 saloon fans are new 2018 and unused.
- Ventilation grill fitted adjacent to the battery compartment, as required for MCA purposes.
- Upgraded stereo with Bluetooth streaming and Bose speakers throughout.
- Separate amp for the stereo.
- LED wide screen TV in saloon and LCD TV in aft cabin.
- Apple TV with streaming system.
- Masthead TV antenna complete with gain control.
- Lights in deck lockers.
- LED & halogen lighting.
- Red night lights throughout.
- Navigation lights upgraded to LED Lopo lights (port, starboard and stern light).
- Mast lights upgraded to LED Hella (tri-colour & anchor, steaming) (2015).
- New above sink lights in galley (2019).
Summary of Accommodation:
- Standard joinery in maple.
- New faux leather upholstery 2018.
- Wood effect flooring throughout, teak.
- New Houdini single glazed windows in main saloon with 3M UV tint. New Dec 2017.
- All main saloon windows are toughened safety glass.
- Mosquito screens for all Lewmar portlights. Some screens replaced 2018.
- Oceanair mosquito screens and blinds for sleeping cabin hatches (aft, pullmans and forward cabins).
- Heated towel rails installed in both heads; electric with timer switches.
- Opening port lights in hull – positive locking method required for MCA coding.
- Front opening windows in saloon.
- Deadlights fabricated for MCA requirements.
- New removable floor covers.
Main Forward Cabin:
- Double bed raised, with split mattress. Island berth, head forward. New latex mattress 2018.
- Partitioning bulkhead forward of the port light.
- Central lee cloth.
- 1 x Opening hatch with mosquito screen and blind.
- 2 x Opening port lights.
- Dorade vent.
- Wardrobe port, shelves starboard, drawers beneath bunk.
- Large storage locker beneath bunk.
- Fiddle incorporated above shelf.
- Starboard wardrobe has hanging rail fitted to allow dual use by removing the shelves.
- Set of bunks.
- Lee cloths.
- Drawers, shelving and hanging locker.
- Concealed sky screens.
- 1 x Opening portlight.
- GRP moulded units.
- Corian surfaces with moulded sinks.
- Seats in all showers.
- Wall mounted soap & Shampoo dispensers & tooth brush cup.
- Blinds to 2 x opening portlights.
- Modern galley design.
- 3 draws with custom lining able to be adjusted to hold different layouts of plates, cups etc.
- Large pantry area. Cupboards reworked 2019.
- Wet locker at aft end of galley is currently used as a cupboard but could be put back easily.
- Dish drying area with removable stone top panels.
- Glass and bottle stowage included; Perspex shelves can be removed easily.
- Curtains fitted to all saloon windows. New 2018.
- Saloon table top to have adjustable height so that it can be used as a supplementary berth (not including mattress).
- Huge storage areas allowing for long term provisioning (for long distance cruising).
- Raised navigation seat providing panoramic vision. Seat upholstery replaced 2017.
- Red night light.
- All communications within arm’s reach.
- Work desk / nav station with large amounts of storage at hand.
- Rewired 2017.
- King size double berth with split latex mattress (2018).
- 3 x Lee cloths.
- 2 x Hanging cupboards.
- En-suite head.
- 1 x Opening hatches.
- 2 x Opening side ports.
- 2 x Dorade vents.
- Curtains (New 2018) fitted to hull port lights, mosquito screen & blind on hatch.
- TV / DVD to port side.
- Stereo / CD / iPod connection on port side, speakers in ceiling.
- Aft cabin low level opening portlight to transom.
- Additional hanging locker to starboard in place of standard seat.
- Neat tidy engine room, very well presented demonstrating the maintenance performed.
- Everything is within easy reach and designed with access and maintenance in mind.
- Remote camera monitoring of engine room and water maker to mobile device (2018).
- Deep centre cockpit.
- Large drains to remove water quickly with steel grating to stop smaller items being lost.
- Deep shaped seat backs.
- Varnished cockpit table (12 coats of varnish).
- Trademark Discovery bath tub.
- I: 71’7” / 21.83m.
- J: 20’4” / 6.21m.
- P: 63’5” / 19.33m.
- E: 22’3” / 6.78m.
- Air Draft: 77’2” / 23.52m.
- Anodised Selden twin spreader aluminium mast and boom (White powder coated).
- Lewmar mainsheet traveller track.
- Lewmar traveller for self-tacking Jib.
- Electric in-mast furling.
- New Selden furling drums - unused.
- Lewmar turning blocks. Most blocks replaced 2018.
- Standing rigging – 1 x 19 stainless steel wire in swaged terminals (2017).
- Spinnaker pole deck fittings for 4.8m and 5m twistle poles.
- Spinnaker guy blocks – 130mm Lewmar single racing blocks with attached screw in pad eyes.
- Spinnaker sheets, guys and pole downhaul lines.
- Selden in-boom preventer system.
- Spinnaker Halyard 1 – Halyard, splice and swiveling snap shackle, cranked top bracket, block and spinlock jammer.
- Spinnaker Halyard 2 – Halyard, splice and swiveling snap shackle, cranked top bracket, block and spinlock jammer.
- Loud hailer fitted to mast.
- Genoa track with additional car and stopper for Yankee.
- Chain plate for staysail.
- Twin headsail rig has been chosen to include inner forestay.
- Inner forestay for self-tacking working jib.
- Staysail wire removed but easily replaced with a removeable staysail system for use with a storm jib or staysail as required.
- Associated rigging for genoa, including furlex, foil, forestay, halyard, sheets, sheave, mast, track, additional turning block and stopper.
- 2 x Furlex manual furling drums (2020).
- Selden rod kick boom vang in white.
- 2 x Spinnaker poles, one mounted on deck, other mounted on mast – two spinnaker pole sockets on mast track.
- Firdell blipper radar reflector fitted to mast.
- Isolated backstay for SSB.
- All Andersen stainless steel winches.
- Electric mainsheet winch.
- Electric primary winches.
- Electric central control winch at companionway.
- Doyle Mainsail – radial cut, full length vertical battens (2019).
- Kemp up wind self-tacking jib on inner stay. (2019) Unused.
- Kemp Genoa, cross cut. (2019) Unused.
- MPS furl away asymmetrical spinnaker.
- All associated deck gear and running rigging for spinnaker.
- Bowsprit for furling asymmetrical spinnaker.
- Bathing ladder.
- Deep self-draining chain locker.
- Large sail locker.
- Stainless pulpit with teak seats.
- Stainless pushpit rail with teak seats.
- Stainless stanchions with higher than standard guard rail; guard wires in stainless steel.
- Stainless guardrails over dorade boxes.
- Deck hatches hinged on aft face to allow maximum ventilation, forward hatch hinge toward bow for safety.
- Antenna post to starboard incorporating stern light, Fleet Broadband 250, Navtex, wifi, GSM boosters and GPS.
- Cockpit table with modified stainless steel grab and toe rails, cup holders and storage inside.
- Stainless steel rubbing strip on gunwale, adjacent to cleats.
- Side ladder with mounts.
- Teak grating for aft cockpit floor area.
- Passerelle, three piece folding gangway model 931.650 – 2.5m, with two sockets.
- Shelves in lazarettes run fore and aft, high up against the hull in each side locker; sized to carry an engine oil container and cleaning products.
- Plastic cleats with lanyards fitted to all 3 deck lockers to hang warps.
- Custom stainless mounts on the davits.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 55kg Spade Anchor with Discovery modified bow roller (upgraded).
- Anchor chain upgraded to 100m (2018).
- Kedge anchor support on stern rail etc.
- Fortress FX55 kedge anchor.
- 10m of chain, 50m octoplait nylon warp for kedge anchor.
- Windlass upgraded to include drum.
- Remote control for anchor windlass on pedestal.
- Chain markers for main anchor chain, Colour markers at every 10m.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood (2017).
- Bimini top (2017).
- Cockpit side and aft curtains plus exterior window shades (2017).
- Full set of cockpit seat cushions (2017).
- Partial boat cover (not in great shape).
- Canvas work largely replaced (2017).
Tender & Outboard:
- Manually operated davits (175kg) with custom mounts for solar panels and standup paddle board racks (removable). Internal davit ropes replaced with spectra (2020).
- Custom built, Swift 340 dinghy hypalon tubes and alloy hull (built to be super lightweight).
- Suzuki 15hp (2019).
- Zodiac Liferaft mounted on aft rail, stainless steel mounting, hydrostatic release.
- Raymarine Lifetag system inegrarted into nav screens displays, 8 x Lifetags.
- 406 GPS EPIRB.
- Grab bag.
- Jon Bouy MOB recovery system.
- Strong webbing Jackstays.
- Audible alarm fitted internally to pedestal and linked to main bilge pump.
- Raymarine audible remote alarm (2019).
- Carbon monoxide sensor in aft cabin (2019).
- Automatic fire extinguisher fitted in the engine room. Dry power out of date.
- Fire extinguishers point fitted under galley sink for MCA purposes.
- Wireless smoke alarm system fitted to all cabins and engine room (upgraded).
- Fire extinguishers in all cabins (2019).
Note: NGALLA MAYA carries a comprehensive inventory of spare.