About this Yacht
64 ft 11 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
Builder: Circa Marine
Designer: Steve Dashew
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Deep Vee
LOA: 64 ft 11 in
Beam: 17 ft 9 in
LWL: 63 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 88000 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 346 HP
Engine Brand: John Deer
Engine Model: 6068 SFM50
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 236 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JHE-THE "Get me home"
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 110 HP
Cruising Speed: 10 knots @ 1800 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Aluminum (1800 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (3160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 Plastic (40 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
2014 FPB 64 - RIPTIDE
If in the market for a vessel capable of taking you and your precious cargo safely, comfortably, and efficiently - anywhere in the world - we would challenge you to find a better suited vessel than an FPB 64. 11 FPB 64’s were built, and Riptide is hull #10.
Launched in 2014 and having 18,000 miles at sea under her keel, Riptide is the very finest example of an FPB 64 available.
Riptide’s owners have enjoyed some amazing offshore passages and exploration and have recently moved ashore and are building a new home in the south sound and have ordered their new shore side yacht. The boat is currently moored on Puget Sound and delivery can be facilitated where moored, or to any port in the world aboard a cargo ship or preferably her own bottom.
Riptide is a Mk II version and has the swim step extension, integral lounge, sink, bbq, and wet locker on the aft deck, as well a larger fly bridge. As a late Mk II version, there are other benefits of improved engine room ventilation, newer series of gear, and design solutions that arrived in the latest models. Riptide is equipped with the optional get-home engine package and has the dingy stands to receive your rugged new RIB tender.
Riptide’s interior is in like new condition and executed in neutral finishes that complement any detailing décor. Her Anigre veneer and solid wood cabinetry is lighter in color and is grain filled and polished for a durable finish that will continue to show well for many years.
All FPB’s were designed from day one to allow for universal power, whether plugging into shore power of 110VAC or 230VAC , 50 or 60Hz. All major AC systems aboard an FPB are 230V units capable of accepting 50 or 60Hz. This allows freedom to travel the globe and take advantage of the dual voltage / frequency.
One of our brokers was involved in the design, sale, and construction of all 11 FPB 64’s, and have sold and supported every used FPB to date as well. Our knowledge, understanding, and resources available to the FPB buyer/owner, along with our longtime relationship with the builder Circa Marine in Whangarei New Zealand – deliver a complete package that will serve the buyer well during the life of ownership.
- Name: Riptide
- Builder: Circa Marine & Industrial New Zealand
- Model: FPB Offshore Passagemaker
- Designer: Steve Dashew, Dashew Offshore
- Year Built: 2014 (1 owner)
- Hull #: 10 of 11 built
- LOA: 64.95’ (19.85M)
- LWL: 63.6’ (19.4M)
- Beam: 17.72’ (5.42M)
- Draft: 4.5’ (1.37M), ½ load, at skeg
- Main Engine: Single John Deere Diesel 6068 SFM50, 236 HP with approximately 2200 Hours
- Auxiliary Engine: Yanmar 4JHE-THE 110 HP with approximately 10 hours
- Speed: Main Engine: 9.7 Knots @ 1700 rpm Max: 11 Knots
- Auxiliary Engine: 7.5 knots
- Range: ~5,500 nm at 9.5k (fuel range data sheet available on request)
- Fuel Consumption: @ 9.7 knots, 1700 rpm: 5 gal/19 liters per hour
- Tankage: Fuel 3,160 gal (11,960L) Water 1,800 gals (6,813L) Holding 80 gal total (302L) in two separate tanks
- Hull Material: Aluminum
- Displacement: 88,000 lbs. full tanks / 75,000 lbs. half full tanks
- Ballast: 6500 lbs.
- Minimum range of positive stability: Approximately 130 degrees
- Sleeps 6 in 3 staterooms, 2 heads
Engines & Gearboxes:
- Main Engine: John Deere 6068 SFM50 236hp (M3), ZF280 V 2.556 to 1 reduction transmission with Drive Saver
- Get-Home Engine: Yanmar 4JHE-THE, 110hp, ZF220V transmission
- All raw water cooling needs served thru single sea chest with clean out above the waterline and dual heavy duty strainers isolated by valves
Propulsion & Steering:
- Main Engine: 5-bladed prop mounted, spare 4-bladed prop, spare 3-bladed prop, 2.5” Aquamet shaft with SureSeal shaft seal , Spurs line cutter
- Auxiliary Engine: Gori 3-bladed folding propeller
- Steering system – single rudder with 2 x Commander V5 Comnav P2 autopilots with control heads at both helms. Each is completely redundant on separate Hynautic circuits with dual independent Kobelt cylinders. AcuSteer pumps for both helms with dual, independent Kobelt steering cylinders
- Teleflex manual helm pump as back up to dual autopilot system
Other Mechanical Equipment:
- Lewmar 24 VDC 8kW/11hp bow thruster
- Naiad Model 302 Datum stabilizers with 9 square foot fins
- Kolstrand 120 square inch paravane/stabilizer ‘fish’ as backup to active fins
- Magma flopper stoppers (2) for roll stabilization at anchor
- Reverso oil change pump with manifold serving main engine, get home, transmissions and generator.
- Murphy gauges tied to Maretron system for main engine oil level, gear pressure, coolant temp, and coolant level.
- Very Extensive Complement of Spares.
- Refrigerator: Frigoboat 24 VDC, 11.5 cubic feet
- Freezers: Frigoboat 24 VDC, 8.5 cubic feet in galley, 5.75 cubic feet below in basement
- Miele 220 VAC H4080 speed oven/microwave oven combination
- Miele 220 VAC 3-burner induction cooktop
- Fisher Paykel 120 VAC single drawer dishwasher
- Galley Mate 1500 barbecue with grill, on aft deck
- Broan 230 VAC 50/60 Hz 1.4 cubic foot trash compactor
- Asko 220 VAC separate full size washer and vented dryer
- Intervac Central Vacuum with two pickup points
- 6 berths: Queen in master, full size in port guest cabin w/ upper 90* single and 1 single berth in aft starboard cabin
- Matching wood Anigre headboard in master cabin
- Custom HandCraft Mattress innerspring pillow-top mattresses in master and guest staterooms
- Upgraded Hi-Macs countertops throughout
- Upgraded ultra-suede type settee fabric throughout
- 2 x Planus Artic marine toilets
- Master has separate tub/shower, toilet compartment with Planus head and vanity with sink integrated in to the forward area of stateroom
- Aft head with separate shower stall and toilet, vanity/sink exterior to toilet compartment.
- Sinks and showers drain overboard via Whale Gulper pumps
- Freshwater deck shower on aft swim platform with hot and cold mixer valve
- Samsung 40” retractable LED TV (salon)
- Fusion stereo system with speakers in salon, master stateroom and fly bridge
- Blu-Ray/DVD player
- NAVIGATION, COMMUNICATION AND MONITORING
- Furuno NavNet 3D black box radar/chart plotter/fish finder system
- Furuno 6 foot open array with ARPA
- Separate Furuno 4 kW 24 inch Radome
- 2ea Maretron flat panel LCD helm displays
- Furuno FA-150 Class A AIS transceiver
- Furuno CH-270 retractable forward looking Searchlight Sonar
- 12” multi-function display/repeater for fly bridge helm
- Mac Mini computer running Windows 7 with dedicated GPS antenna and NMEA integration for
- Coastal Explorer chart plotting
- FLIR M-Series pan/tilt thermal night vision system
- Engine room and aft deck cameras with picture fed into Navnet3D
- ICOM M604 VHF radio with second ‘Command Mic’ at fly bridge helm with hailer
- ICOM M802 SSB/HF radio with HF Pactor modem
- Fleet Broadband 150 satellite voice/data
- Airmar PB200 WeatherStation
- Maretron N2KView PC-based vessel monitor system with dedicated black box computer. Maretron monitors a wide variety of parameters including environment, AC & DC systems, main engine, and pumps and is expandable and easily modified by user.
- Electrolysis monitor meter
- Peplink MAX HD router – accepts 2 x cellular sim cards for data, 2 x WAN ports, 2 x Wifi ports, 4 x port wireless router for on board network
- The boat is primarily setup as 24VDC, 12VDC supplied via DC-DC Converters
- Two Victron MultiPlus 24/5000/120, 230VAC inverter chargers set up as slave and master provide 230VAC for air conditioning, water maker, dive compressors, induction cook top, microwave oven, washer and dryer
- One Victron Phoenix 24/2500 120VAC inverters provides 120VAC for Microwave
- Onan generator 13.5 kW/60 Hz
- 230V, 120V &12V outlets are located throughout the boat
- Hoppecke traction style batteries provide 1200 amp hours of capacity at 24 volts
- Secondary 12 volt DC batteries provide power for engine and genset starting
- The Victron Inverters double as main 24VDC battery Charger, 240A total
- 2 x Serpentine belt driven 28 volt Electrodyne alternators on the main engine provide a combined output of 7.4 KW (300 amps at 28 volts) thru two heavy duty remote mounted rectifiers while underway, with 3 step, smart regulation
- This is sufficient to run key onboard AC power systems via the inverters while underway and recharge the batteries with some power management without running the generator.
- Onan 13.5kV - 240V AC at 60 Hz.
- Generator Hours: approximately 500
- AC Shore power – Incoming shore power is isolated via an isolation transformer.
- Two shore power connection points, one in the forepeak and one on the aft deck accept either 30amp (110V – 60Hz) or 50 amp (240V - 50 or 60 Hz).
- Shore power cords
- 4 x SunPower solar panels, each with 245 W max production
- Outback controller
- Recessed LED overhead on dimmers throughout
- Forward and aft deck flood lights, fly bridge task lighting and swim step LED
- Large forward facing LED light on foremast
- 24VDC fluorescent lights in engine room
- LED anchor and navigation lighting
- 4 X 230VAC reverse cycle Climma integrated air conditioning units with internal distilled water coffer dam heat exchange, not sea water dependent. Two independently controlled units in the salon each with 16,000 BTU, one in the master stateroom and one in the aft stateroom, each with 10,000 BTU.
- Fan only and dehumidification modes in addition to heat and cool.
- Kabola diesel boiler for cabin heat and/or hot water, plumbed to main engine and hot water heater with manifold to bypass heating loop for summer operation
- Custom external mesh coverings for all windows and awnings for all port and starboard windows
- Hi-Lo Delta-T exhaust fan in the engine room
- Switlik 6 person SAR life raft
- Fiorentino 21’ para-anchor
- Hathaway Galerider drogue
- Fireboy MA2 engine room fire extinguisher with automatic and remote control
- Fireboy ES-5000 automatic engine shut down system
- CO H2 detectors
- Maretron monitoring system with engine room heat sensors, complete engine alarms along with other monitoring integrated to Maretron N2K and DS250 system.
- Fire extinguishers mounted throughout the boat in strategic locations
- 2 x Fire blankets
- Security system with deck pressure sensors, salon door sensor, horn and light alarm alert can be activated via remote key fob
- PAR Jabsco diaphragm electric pumps – 2 x in engine room, 1 x in forepeak, 1 x in basement with roving hose and connections to stabilizer cofferdams. Manual/automatic control on all pumps plus high water alarms all connected to Maretron monitoring system
- 1 x Pacer hydraulic damage control pump (600 liters per minute) plumbed to forepeak, living areas and engine room
- Sea Recovery Aqua Whisper II 220 VAC 58 GPH/1400 GPD with auto fresh water flush and soft start
- Sea Recovery UV sterilizer
- 4 port manifold
- 2 Headhunter X-Caliber 10 GPM fresh water pumps plumbed in parallel for 100% redundancy
- SureJust Solaris dual element hot water heater
- Tank capacity is 1,800 US Gal (6,800L)
- Fuel Capacity is 11,960 liters (3,160 US Gal.) in two main tanks, two trim tanks and day tank. Tanks are integral to aluminum hull
- High capacity fuel transfer/polishing system with two geared Oberdoerfer pumps (offering redundancy), polishing filtration and debug system allowing transfer from any tank to any tank via valved manifolds.
- Day tank topped up automatically with pump running, low level, fill level and high level alarms.
- Manifold from day tank to all primary consumers with dual Racor filtration on main engine and additional filtration to other diesel consumers.
- 6,800 liters (1,800 US Gal.) in two integral aluminum tanks plus separate polyethylene galley tank for filtered water
- Two Polyethylene tanks –150 liter (40 US Gal.) capacity. Filtered tank breathers. Remote level indicators.
DECK AND ANCHORING
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Maxwell VWC4000 24VDC windlass with controllers and chain counters at both helms and remote controller in forepeak
- Frotress FX125 anchor
- Fortress FX85 spare anchor
- Deck wash (salt and freshwater) fore and aft
- Stainless deck stanchions with stainless lifelines
- Boarding gates port and starboard or on aft swim platform
- Aft deck propane BBQ with deep freshwater sink that can double as a live well
- Large storage lockers either side of swim platform
- Large integrated swim platform aft
- Aft deck freshwater shower (hot and cold with mixer valve)
- Basic hull and structure is welded aluminum including superstructure with three full watertight bulkheads and two half-height watertight bulkheads
- Bottom is 12 mm aluminum plate
- Integral aluminum tanks for water and diesel form a double bottom between the three full height watertight bulkheads
- 19mm tempered windows
- 6500 pounds of lead ballast