About this Yacht
37 ft 9 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
Builder: Catalina Yachts
Designer: Frank Butler / design team
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 37 ft 9 in
Beam: 11 ft 11 in
LWL: 30 ft 3 in
Length on Deck: 36 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 5 in
Displacement: 14100 lbs
Ballast: 6600 lbs
Total Power: 35 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: M35B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 455
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 35 HP
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
The Catalina 36 MkII has a very open and welcoming salon. Four steps down the companionway, you have a beautiful full "U" shaped galley to port. To starboard is your Nav Station with access to the aft double athwartship berth stateroom with hanging locker and drawers. The salon has a large "L" shape seating to port with the salon table that nestles against the forward bulkhead when not in use. Lowers down for dinner and again lowers further to convert into a double berth. Adjacent to starboard is long bench seating that the center cushion that removes and converts into a "game table " . Forward of the starboard settee is a cabinet with 4 deep drawers and cabinet to house a TV . Adjacent to port is a full head with a Wilcox-Crittenden Electric head and ample space for shower. The head as dual access (from salon and fwd stateroom). The forward cabin is a large double berth with 3 drawers and 2 pull-out bins below , along with a cedar lined hanging locker.
- 6'5" headroom
- 2 stateroom / 1 head … but she can sleep 7
- Spring mattress in fore and aft stateroom
- Magnavox HD TV
- Toshiba DVD player
- Fans in salon
The galley sits port of the companionway. "U" shaped , great for working underway or on the hook . Ample storage and counter space will delight the "Admiral"
- Deep double SS sink
- Pressure Hot/Cold water
- 12v Adler Barbour Refrigeration / Freezer
- Hillerrange 2 burner LPG stove top with gimbaled oven
- Tappan Microwave
- Storage … Storage … Storage
The Nav Station sits starboard of the companionway with a pull out chair. Desk for storage and 12V / 110 panel at your finger tips .
- Raymarine ST60 Knot - Depth - Windspeed & point
- Raymarine ST6000 Autopilot (below deck)
- Raymarine Radar and C-80 Chartplotter
- ICOM IC-M402 VHF radio with ram mic
- Marine AM/FM/CD stereo
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass
- Universal 35 hp M35B Model 4 CYL FWC
- Approx 455 hrs
- 3 bladed 15" Max prop (2012)
- Edson Pedistal / Wheel steering / Engine gauges
- Engine service by Chucks Marine (395 hr / 10-2016)
- Magnum battery charger and inverter
- (2) 4D AGM Batteries - House Bank (2014)
- (1) Gp 31 AGM Starter Battery (2014)
Rigging and sails
The Catalina 36 is fun to sail, responsive and weatherly, with good control at the helm and an easily managed sail plan.
- Sloop rigged
- Keel stepped
- Single spreader
- Schaeffer furling head system 2100
- 2015 Furling Dacron - Ullman 110%
- 2015 In Mast Furling Main - Ullman
- All lines lead aft to Garhauer rope clutches
- (2) Lewmar #30 ST cabin top winches
- (2) Lewmar #48 ST Primary winches
- Garhauer travel
- Rigid Boom Vang
Deck and Hull
The hull is constructed from hand-laminated solid fiberglass. this approach offers high-impact resistance and guards against water saturation and the possible deterioration of a core. Thru-bolts are used to secure the hull-deck joint, in conventional shoe-box fashion. Exterior vinyl rub rails are inserted into the aluminum extrusion that finishes off the connection. The "Wing Keel" is lead and draws 4'5" , attaching to hull with SS bolts .
The stern is set up with a walk thru transom and swim platform. The center seat behind the helm lifts up and out to give you access to the Hot/Cold pressure shower. The stern rail is set up with the "Margarita seats " , great someone to get that "birds eye view" and out of the way of the sheets. Large comfortable with cockpit with Dodger / Bimini and Transition.
There are 7 opening hatches and 4 opening ports plus large fixed windows to provide lots of light and ventilation below. Screens and window covers are also at your convenience and privacy.
Double high bow pulpit with double high lifelines leading aft with boarding gates port and starboard.
Deep large anchor locker with a Maxwell 800 electric windlass (with foot switch). Bow roller carrying Delta with chain / rode.
"Si Caro" was last hauled in May 2019 and bottom painted - Micron 66
Bottom is cleaned and zincs checked every 3 months .
Hull waxed yearly