About this Yacht
40 ft 8 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
View More Details
Builder: Migrator Yachts
Designer: Eric Woods
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 8 in
Beam: 11 ft 10 in
LWL: 29 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 10 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 7800 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 50 ft 0 in
Total Power: 51 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1997
Engine Model: 4JH2E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1600
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 51 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (126 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (47 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (30 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Fresh Breeze has a very traditional layout and is designed for a cruising couple. The owner's cabin is forward for the most headroom and privacy. The berths (with filler) are 6'8" long. The cabin has ash battens, good light, ventilation, and storage.
The head is next aft and has two entries adding to the owner's seclusion. There is a vanity with stainless steel sink and showerhead faucet, molded shower pan with grates, storage, and a marine toilet with a "Y" valve and holding tank.
Amidships is a "U" shaped dinette with a teak table and facing starboard settee extension. The table is on a gas-filled pedestal, converting the dinette to a double berth 6'4" long. Fresh Breeze has extra storage underneath and behind the settees. There are lee cloths both port and starboard.
To starboard of the companionway is a sit-down navigation station with a forward point of view, so you can be secure on either tack. There is also a wet locker.
The galley is aft, and to the port of the companionway for air and light. It is "U" shaped and is a safe and efficient place to work.
The interior of Fresh Breeze is absolutely gorgeous. The use of an off white finish on vertical surfaces trimmed in satin finish teak is clean, bright, and traditional. Deck prisms invite natural light into the already bright interior and create an interior that is very pleasant, even on the dreariest of days.
- All interior upholstery is teal Ultrasuede and is in beautiful condition.
- Interior appointments such as rugs and pillows convey.
- She has reverse-cycle air conditioning while at the dock and an Espar diesel heater for those chilly days out on the water. The Espar unit is nonfunctional yet fully ducted, wired, and plumbed to diesel ready for a new unit install.
- New "Sound Down" headliner installed at Hinckley (2016)
Fresh Breeze is the perfect classic yacht. She is breathtakingly beautiful and is the epitome of class and sailing performance.
The galley is "U" shaped and on the port side as you enter the cabin. It is a safe and efficient galley in which to work.
- Double bowl stainless steel sinks.
- Force 10 gimbaled two-burner stainless steel propane stove with oven and safety bar.
- Sea Frost 110V/engine drive refrigerator/freezer in 7.5 cu.ft. insulated box with two hinged lids and vinyl coated wire racks.
- Generous counter space.
- Ample food and dish storage.
- Trash basket.
- (2) Utensil drawers.
- (3) Overhead lights
- (2) 10 lb. propane tanks housed in lazarette with electric and manual shut off.
SAILS and RIGGING
Fresh Breeze's yawl rig lends unmatched versatility and allows her to be comfortable in all conditions. Her working sails are cleaned and reviewed every year.
- Working Jib - 110% installed on furler
- Genoa - 140%
- Storm Jib (never used) - 90%
- Mizzen Staysail (never used)
- Spinnaker (never used)
- Canvas covers for main and mizzen (new 2020)
- Both main and mizzen masts are white painted aluminum, tapered and keel stepped with airfoil spreaders.
- All internal wires in masts are secured, yet removable.
- Stainless steel standing rigging (inspected by KKMI 2017)
- New running rigging (except lazy jacks 2017)
- New Lazy Jacks
- Boom vang
- Genoa tracks are toerail mounted.
- Jib tracks with low profile cars are mounted on the deck.
- Lewmar mainsheet traveler with Harken Hexaratchet System, cockpit mounted.
- Lewmar winches are as follows: (2) Primaries, self-tailing 2 speed - 48ST; (2) Halyard, self-tailing 2 speed - 30ST; (1) Centerboard, self-tailing -16ST; (1) Main reefing - 8C; (1) Mizzen halyard - 6C
- All winches serviced annually
- (3) Winch handles
- The deck is hand laminated with 1 1/2 oz. mat, 18 oz. biaxial and 24 oz. directional fiberglass cored with 3/4" end grain balsa.
- The deck is bonded to the hull by 3M 5200 on the 6" hull flange and bolted every 6" by 1/4"x20 stainless bolts.
- Stanchion bases and genoa tracks fasten through deck and hull flange.
- Midship chocks of stainless steel.
- Solid teak toe rail.
- Bow and Stern pulpits.
- Electric windlass with foot switches at the bow.
- Freshwater washdown pump in the anchor locker.
- CQR plow anchor with chain and rode
- Danforth anchor
- Dodger (Canvas by Victoria)
- Mizzen awning (Meade Breese)
- Dodger, mizzen awning, and connecting panel in "Cadet Grey" Sunbrella
- Hatch covers, companionway screening, binnacle cover, and winch covers.
- Cockpit cushions are closed-cell foam covered with Phiphertex
- (8) Loose cockpit pillows covered in "Oyster" Sunbrella
- Summer awning canvas cover from the mainmast to stern with aluminum cross supports for use at anchor.
- Full Fairclough winter canvas cover with the stainless framework.
- Large removable teak cockpit table seats 5 for dinner (use either large or small)
- Small teak removable cockpit table for drinks (use either large or small)
- Port boarding gate and ladder (ladder can be used on either side)
- (2) Stainless steel dorade vents on teak boxes (boxes have covers)
- (3) Deck Prisms.
- (4) Cockpit Scuppers
- (4) Deck Scuppers
- (2) Opening hatches.
- (11) Opening Lewmar Ports
- Magma Gas Grill
- Life Sling with bracket
- Fenders, dock lines, and Coast Guard gear.
- Man Overboard Pole.
- Horseshoe throwable.
- (2) Boat Hooks
- Exterior teak stripped to bare wood with 8 coats of Epifanes varnish. 2 additional coats 2019, 3 additional coats 2020.
- Hull, cabin top, and cockpit buffed and waxed (2019)
- Custom teak bow and stern pulpit seats.
- Custom helm seat fits to mizzen can be used to either side for comfort
- 4 person liferaft in valise (last serviced in 2015)
- Two large cockpit lazarettes 34' X 14" openings
- Two small cockpit lazarettes 15' X 11" openings
- The Hull is an overbuild of hand layup construction.
- Materials are ISO gel coat, vinyl ester, and general-purpose resin and a combination of 1 1/2 oz mat, 18 oz, and 24 oz bi-ax fiberglass with an AIREX core.
- Hand laid one-piece hull has 6" hull/deck flange.
- Extra laminate in all areas of stress concentration.
- The centerboard trunk is laminated within the hull structure.
- Centerline, ballast, and sump areas are in excess of one-inch solid fiberglass.
- The entire interior of the hull is gel coated so easily cleaned
- Molded fiberglass rudder with solid density polyester compound.
- The rudder stock is 1 1/2 " stainless steel and fully webbed inside the rudder.
- Rudder attachment to the hull is by cast bronze rudder shoe, stuffing box at the hull, and a bearing at the cockpit sole.
- The centerboard is neutral buoyancy molded fiberglass.
- Centerboard pin in 1 1/2" stainless steel (renewed in 2017)
- The centerboard pennant leads aft to the self-tailing winch on cabin top at the cockpit.
- Boat kept in freshwater until July 2017.
- Autohelm Knot, Depth, Wind Speed/ Wind Direction (new 2016)
- Autohelm ST6000, internal drive, autopilot.
- Raymarine Multi at the nav station.
- Raytheon R20XX Radar at nav station (2017)
- Raytheon Ray 201 VHF at the nav station.
- Raymarine Chartplotter (2017)
- VHF with AIS
- New programmable tachometer
- All interior, tri-color and deck lights are are LED
Fresh Breeze has a full 12V and 110V ship's electrical system.
- There is a 12 volt and 110-volt custom, backlighted panel. There are 20, 12 volt and 4, 110-volt circuit breakers, lighted switch indicators, and voltage and amp meters.
- Two AGM Batteries
- Four new house batteries (2017)
- Wiring is color-coded and to ABYC standards.
- There are (6) spun brass cabin reading lamps, (7) overhead glass lens lights, and (1) navigation station lamp.
- There are full LED nav lights, steaming light on the mast, combination LED anchor-tricolor, and strobe at the masthead, foredeck light on the mainmast, floodlight on the mizzen mast, and compass light.
- (2) 30 amp Shore power inlets and cord.
- Link 10 Battery Monitor
- Xantrex True Charger 20
- Solar panel
- Forward cabin has a 110V outlet
- Bow end of saloon has a 110V outlet
PLUMBING and MECHANICAL
- Yanmar 4JHE, 51 HP with 1,566 hours and full instrumentation
- Engine hour meter just replaced (10/2020)
- Programmable tachometer (2019)
- Engine oil, oil filter, coolant, fuel filter replaced annually (full set of spares)
- Three Blade Max-Prop
- Morse control cables
- Racor fuel/water separator
- Cruisair 16K BTU Reverse Cycle Heat and Air Conditioning
- Espar Diesel Heater - needs replacement
- (6) Gallon stainless steel hot water heater
- Pressure hot and cold water to head and galley by 12v diaphragm pump (new 2019)
- Electric sump pump for shower
- Auto electric (new 2019) and manual bilge pumps
- Non-corrosive Marelon seacocks, through-bolted and double clamped below the waterline