About this Yacht
Marina del Rey, CA
44 ft 7 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 44 ft 7 in
Beam: 14 ft 3 in
LWL: 37 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 30000 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: 4JH3TBE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 436
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (250 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (60 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
An innovative blend of liveaboard comfort and practical cruising features is evidenced throughout. Varnished teak, premium designer fabrics, well placed light fixtures and handrails, numerous opening ports, and dorade deck vents make the entire interior airy and attractive.
A large private head adjoins the master stateroom forward. The generously sized island berth is offset from the hull providing easy access from both sides. Drawers, cabinets, storage bins and a deep hanging locker provide ample space for personal gear. A dressing seat adds further convenience.
Next aft the main salon is equally suited for social gatherings, off watch retreats, or gourmet dining. The hinged table may be secured against the bulkhead mounted bottle and glass rack or easily lowered to make a large dining area. An exceptional amount of interior stowage is available in the salon as elsewhere in the yacht. The starboard settee pulls out to provide a double berth. The navigation table with swing-out seat should please the most ardent navigator. A storage tray is provided under the large hinged tabletop with a locker under and outboard of the table.
The galley, immediately to the starboard side of the companionway is easily accessible to the cockpit and the main salon and features numerous convenience details for the cruising sailor.
Aft head can be entered from either the main salon or through a door in the aft cabin. The aft cabin has private access from the companionway area and features a big Pullman-style berth, large cedar-lined hanging locker and a generous bureau.
Some highlights include: There are 8 opening deck hatches fitted with Glebe Creeks teak screens and 15 s/s opening ports with screens along with 3 Dorade style vents for excellent ventilation.
- Ultra-Leather seating in salon
- (8) Hatches with canvas covers and interior screens
- (3) Dorade vents
- (15) Stainless steel ports with shades
- Teak & Holly sole with berber carpet overlay
- Sony DVD player
- Alpine AM/FM CD stereo
- BOSE speakers
- Apple I-Pod connected for digital music
- Folding teak dining table
- Convertible L-shaped settee
- Abundant storage behind and below both settees
- Cedar-lined hanging lockers
A generous wrap-around counter provides ample work space for food preparation while numerous drawers, lockers and cabinets offer abundant space for provisioning. A LPG stove and oven along with microwave oven, deep stainless steel sinks and slide out trash receptacle all make for pleasurable time spent in the galley. The well insulated refer/freezer features a double gasketed push button lid that opens on a gas strut.
• Gimballed 3-burner LPG stove w/oven
• Frigoboat cold plate 12 v system for freezer/refrigerator.
• Filtered fresh water faucet
• Double stainless steel sink
• Roll-away trash bin
- Raymarine E80 chart plotter/radar at helm
- Raymarine 4kw radar mounted on custom stainless mast
- Raymarine ST60 auto pilot at helm
- Raymarine auto pilot wireless remote
- Sidepower bow thruster, Imtra SP75T
- Raymarine ST60 Depth on cabin top
- Raymarine ST60 WP/WS on cabin top
- Raymarine ST60 Speed on cabin top
- Standard Horizon Matrix VHF radio w/GPS & AIS at nav station w/RAM (remote access mic) at helm
The 420 deck and cockpit offers a recessed foredeck with bulwarks, integral bow platform with 2 SeaSafe anchor rollers, welded mast rails and premium two-tone slip resistant surfaces. The cockpit offers contoured seats that accommodate a large crew or invite stretching out. The console mounted helm features rack and pinion steering providing a combination of reliability and strength. Cockpit convenience features abound with a console mounted folding table, built-in insulated beverage locker, two large seat lockers, hand held shower, sugar-scoop transom, deep swim ladder, and a stern rail with central gate.
- Stainless steel dodger
- Canvas connector panel
- Cockpit bimini
- Textilne roll-up cockpit enclosure
- Canvas hatch covers
- Pedestal cover
- Winch covers
- Stainless steel Dorades w/ hand rails
- Café style companionway doors w/sliding hatch, regular hatch boards also
- Helm seat and cockpit cushions
- Double lifelines with side gates
- Island Packet teak cockpit table
- Cockpit shower
- Emergency tiller
- Manual bilge pump
- Stern gate
- Edson outboard motor bracket
- Edson davits
- Avon 8' inflatable (with cover) w/ Nissan outboard motor
- (2) anchors w/divided chain locker, 300' 5/16" chain
Island Packet's long term commitment to the cutter rig is due to its versatility, ease of use and excellent performance over a wide range of wind and sea conditions.
- In-mast furling mainsail
- 130% roller-furling genoa
- Roller-furling staysail
- (2) Lewmar Ocean Series 54CST Jib sheet winches
- (2) Lewmar Ocean Series 16CST secondary winches
- Lewmar 16CST staysail winch
- Lewmar 24C mainsail winch
- Lewmar 24C mast winch
- Internal halyards
- 110v Shore power
- (4) 12V Lifeline AGM house batteries, NEW MARCH 2016
- (1) 12V AGM dedicated engine start battery.
- Momentary parallel switch
- Dual AC 30 amp dockside power
- Charles 5000 series converter/charger
- Magnum 2500 watt inverter.
- Zantrex battery monitor
Engine And Mechanical
- Yanmar 4JH3TBE 75hp turbo diesel engine.
- Dual Racor fuel filter/polishing system
- Side Power bow thruster
- New MAX 4 blade feathering and reversing propeller.
- Electric macerator pump w/valves for overboard discharge
- 11 gallon water heater
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Island Packet 420 is the latest generation of Island Packet designs, and embodies a host of proven design and construction features that have evolved over years of boatbuilding experience and via feedback of thousands of owners. Representing a significant evolution from earlier models in this size range, the IP420 delivers the combination of seakeeping, safety, stability and speed coupled with the comfort, liveability, and value that makes Island Packet Yachts America?s Cruising Yacht Leader. The Island Packet 420 received the award for 'Best Full Size Cruiser' in the 2000 Boat Of The Year competition as conducted by Cruising World magazine.