About this Yacht
San Diego, CA
50 ft 5 in
Engine / Fuel Type:
Builder: Jeanneau Yachts
Designer: Philippe Briand
LOA: 50 ft 5 in
Beam: 15 ft 4 in
LWL: 45 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 5 in
Displacement: 30644 lbs Dry Load
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2014
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 500
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots @ 2200 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Plastic (126 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 Plastic (40 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fresh water maker
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Outboard engine brackets
This 2014 Jeanneau Sun Odyssy 509 offers:
- A spacious salon with Alpi teak interior that bring warm and bright feeling when you're on board.
- Plenty of natural lights and fresh air- hull ports and long coachroof windows
- Teak Flooring -One level living - no door sills and and no steps
- T shape galley with large counter space, two stainless steel sinks, top and bottom loader refrigerator, three burner stove with oven, microwave and plenty of storage
- Aft of the dinette is your navigation station with a large chart table, equipped with electronic intrument and entertainment center.
- Dinnette has a large teak table that folds up and can accomodate 4 to 6 people comfortably
- Across the dinette, there is a table in between the seats where you can stow away your bottles of wine.
- A large forward master berth with an island queen bed, vanity, hanging lockers and an insuite head with a separate shower.
- Two comfortable aft berths port and starboard with hanging lockers and plenty of storage.
- The port berth have acces to the 2nd head with shower.
- Raymarine E95 GPS / Plotter at Starboard Helm
- Raymarine E95 GPS / Plotter at Port Helm
- Raymarine Radar
- Raymarine I70 Autopilot + SPX30 Core Unit & Gyro Compas
- Raymarine I70 Multifunction Display
- Raymarine I70 Depth - Speed Sensor
- Raymarine I70 Wind
- Raymarine Ray55E VHF & AIS 650
Electrical Systems / Upgrades
- Onan Generator
- Watermaker (72hrs)
- Bow Thruster
- Full Battery Bank replaced new 3/2019
- Saildrive - serviced 10/2019
- KVH Direct TV System
- 40''Samsung LED Smart TV 1080
- Fushion AV 750 Stereo & DVD Player
- Apple TV
- 2- Underwater Lights
- LED Cockpit lights
- 2- Harken Electric Primary Winches
- 1- Harken Electric Cabintop Winch
- Windless Controll in the cockpit
- Interior Indirect lighting
- Hella 12v Fans in each cabin
- 2- Electric Jabsco Heads
- Upgraded Strato Glass 9/15/17
- Helm Covers
- Cockpit Table Cover
- Custom Salon Cushion Coverings That Zip on and off.
Dinghy and Outboard
- 12' Zodiac Dinghy Fiberglass floor
- 9.9hp Yamaha outboard
- Custom Mointing Bracket in Fwd Sail Locker for outboard
- Outboard lifting bridal
Comfort and performance for passagemaking:
Powerful, balanced and modern hull designed by Philippe Briand, that com- bines a long waterline length and a hard chine for speed and comfort at sea.
Sleek deck lines, safe and ergonomic with flush hatches and integrated run- ning rigging.
Sail plan with a high aspect ratio. Multiple choices including: self-tacking jib, large, overlapping genoa, Code 0, furling mast, etc...
Safe and ergonomic cockpit with lines led back to helm stations.
Relaxation and aesthetics:
• Large cockpit with full-function table
• Fold-down transom for easy access to the sea and sundeck
• Sleek deck with curved windows, flush panels and integrated running rigging
Lighting, volume and ventilation:
• A multitude of ports and hatches for ventilation and light
• 4 distinct zones in the saloon designed to allow each to be used indepen- dently without constricting movement throughout the interior
• Light and luxury down below with solid wood, mat varnish, polished stainless steel, leather and a full selection of interior fabrics.
Lots of features:
• All the key features of the Sun Odyssey range concentrated on the same
• Plenty of choices available: Different interior layouts, sail plans, keel and fabrics allow each owner a high level of personalisation
INTERIOR: Space, style and comfort
All the attributes of the Sun Odyssey range come together on this yacht:
• Spacious interior with choice of 4 layouts (from 3 to 5 cabins).
• An exceptional layout in the saloon, separate zones for living aboard plenty of functional details
• Luxurious materials, set off by all LED lighting
• Numerous and practical storage lockers, for offshore cruising with friends and family.
• Light and ventilation: 10 hull ports, long deckhouse windows, lots of opening ports and flush hatches.
• Personalisation: Choice of different fabrics, floorboards and a full list of options allow you to chose the combination that is right for you.
Jeanneau’s leadership in this domain gives it a substantial advantage over its competitors and ensures unequalled quality to the customer.
This 21st century technology allows Jeanneau to manufacture complex fibreglass parts with: • Perfect finish on both sides (no need for a counter mould)
• Reduced weight (providing the sailboat better stability/performance)
• Increased strength and rigidity of the piece (quality of lay-up)
• Reduction by 90% of VOC emissions (environmentally-friendly)
• Optimum working conditions for the production team (no contact with resins/catalysts) • High quality parts (precise control of gelcoat, core materials and resin injection)
The deck of the Jeanneau 53 is the largest mass-produced injection fibreglass part in the world.
3rd generation hull structure
Jeanneau has long been known for strong and seaworthy boats. Today the technology of boatbuilding has evolved, but our commitment to this tradition has not wavered.The Jeanneau 3rd Generation Hull Structure combines the latest in fiberglass technology with modern yacht design to deliver a structural reinforcement perfectly adapted to the demands of the offshore sailor.
1 High-load zones cut-out for access to the hull
2 Integrated repair area at aft end of keel
3 Structure is precisely placed in the hull
4 Glued and relaminated to the hull for strength
5 Acts as a support for the floorboards
6 Keel bolts located near vertical members and through counter mould a