The Hunter 38 replaced the popular 386, the last of which rolled out of the Florida plant May of 2004, following a highly successful seven year run. Hunter's famed designer and racer Glenn Henderson returned to the drawing board with one focus in mind. "Our goal was to design a boat that was an exceptionally comfortable cruiser, yet offered outstanding performance and ease of handling," said Henderson. The 38 has met -- and excedds all expectations and is a #10 !
"No Longer Drifting" is an exceptionally comfortable cruiser! She has a wing keel and carries an In Mast furling main and 110% furling jib. She has an upgraded Yanmar 40 hp (from the std 29hp). Raymarine has her Electronic package covered with Radar / Chartplotter / Autopilot / Knot-Depth-Wind. Just to add to the COMFORT .. Heat / Air makes it a pleasure year round to be aboard.
"No Longer Drifting" provides comfort, convenience and livability with an abundance of natural light, ventilation and 6'6" of head room.
- 2 cabin / single head
- Marine Air System Reverse Cyl Heat / Air (2) units covering salon and both staterooms (18000 BTU & 5000 BTU)
- Jensen AM / FM / CD with Bose speakers
- Everwear laminate teak / holly sole throughout
Forward V-berth suite sports twin cedar-lined hanging lockers and shelves. The aft master stateroom is both wide and comfortable, sporthing a queen athwarship berth, with tremendous storage space. Check out the cedar line closets ! The master aft stateroom, featuring a large athwartship berth, abudant compartment storage, hanging locker and built in-lounging seats, has a private access to the head, located port of the companionway. The head has dual access, from the master stateroom and the salon. Featuring a stand up shower / toilet area divided from sink and vanity by a door.
- Electric head with holding tank and macerator
The salon is spacious with a U-shaped dinette to starboard. The high glossed elegant table can be lowered to create an over - sized double berth. Adjacent to port is a long settee, an excellent lunge and doubles as a good sea berth.
Port of the companionway is an In-Line Nav Station with ample space for future electronics.
Starboarad of companionway is an "L" shaped galley with access leading to the aft Master Stateroom.Galley
The galley is a Chief's Dream ! With plenty of counter space, cabinets and ll the conveniences one could wish for. The large "L" shaped galley sits starboard of companionway. Great for working underway or on the hook !
- Deep double SS sink
- Teak cabnets
- Corian countertops
- Enclosed dish storage unit with drying fan
- Hot / Cold pressure water
- 5 gal Hot water heater
- 4 cu. ft. Front loading Nova Kool Refrigeration w/ small freezer
- 2 1/2 cu ft Front loading Nova Kool Freezer
- Force 10 (2) burner gimbaled LPG stove and oven
- (2) 2 1/2 gal LPG tanks in dedicated cockpit locker
"No Longer Drifting" has been upgraded to a Yanmar 40 hp
- 3JH4E 3cyl FWC
- Approx 848 engine hrs (Prior meter reading 418 + current meter 430)
- 3 blade bronze 17" RH fixed Prop
- 1 1/4 " SS shaft
- Folding wheel 36"
- Single lever Engine Control
110 V/ 12V panel is located at the Nav Station
- 30 amp Pro Mariner Charger
- Magnum 2800 Inverter / Charger
- (2) Idysseey 12v 1300A AGM HOUSE Battery bank (June 2023)
- (1) Gp 24 Interstate lead acid Engine Start Battery (June 2023)
- 50' Shore Power Cord
The Nav station is forward facing and port to companionway. Teak seat with storage below, a pod on mounted on fwd portion of the desk for "future" instruments. 110 V / 12V panel at your finger tips.
- Tank gauges : Fuel / Water / Holding
- ICOM IC-M422 VHF radio
- Raymarine 24 mile Radar
- Raymarine E-80 Chartplotter / GPS
- Raymarine 7002 Autopilot
- Raymarine ST60+ Knot / Depth / Windspeed-point
- Danforth 3 1/2 Compass
The Hunter 38 incorporates a sail plan that features a fractional B&R anodized rig with swept back double spreaders. All lines leading aft to cockpit to rop clutches and winches. A Hunter "trademark" feature, the cockpit Traveler Arch. The traveler is located on the top of the arch which reduces mainsheet load and places the traveler controls within easy reach of the helmsman.
- Anodized B&R double spreader fractional rig
- Furlex Furling system
- 110% furling jib - Dacron by Doyle
- In Mast Furling Main - Dacron by Doyle
- Selden Rod Kicker rigid boom vang
- (2) Lewmar #44 ST primary winches
- (2) Lewmar #40 ST cabin top winches
- Hrken 4:1 purchase traveler on top of arch
- Inboard jib tracks with Adjustable Cars
E: 19'6"Deck and Hull
Hunter utilizes a hand laid FRP hull construction, solid FRP below the waterline, and end grain balsa coring above the waterline. Vinylester resin is used in the initial layup, then isophalic resin on exterior layers. In areas of high loads in the hull, Kevlar reinforcement is included in the lamination. Further, there is a heavily built structural FRP grid bonded into the hull for further stiffness and reinforcement. The deck is end grain balsa cored except in areas of deck hardware and high loads, where it is solid FRP and backing plates are incorporated for deck hardware, either drilled and tapped or thru-bolted. The hull to deck joint is an outward turning flange, sealed with 3M 5200 sealant, thru-bolted, and cover 360 degrees with a resiliant rurub rail and s/s insert.
- Wing keel ( 5'0" draft)
- Spade hung rudder
- BOTTOM PAINT (May 2022) - Blue Trinidad
- Double high bow pulpit with double high life lines running aft with port and starboard boarding gates
- Double bow roller
- Deep anchor locker
- Simpson Lawrence Electric Windlass with up and down foot control
- Delta 22# with approx. 300' of 5/16 chain & 5' rode
- SS cabin top hard rails for safety moving fore and aft
- Non Skid Deck
- (8) opening ports
Moving aft you will have the Hunter arch with a stern rail that incorporates (2) double "Margarita" seats. Best seats in the cockpit ! A hinged down helmsman's seat lends to a walk thru transom with a telescoping ladder that is easily accessible.
- Dark blue dodger with side hard rails ... Safety and Comfort !!
- NEW 9/2023 dodger windows
- Flexiteek covers the cockpit seats and floor
- Cockpit table with fold down leaves
- Storage locker
- Hot / Cold transom shower
- Staging equipment
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
Give us a call / text or drop an email ... we are there 24 / 7 and look forward to hearing from you !
Roger Goodsell firstname.lastname@example.org Cell -- 510-710-6822
Dinah Goodsell email@example.com Cell -- 510-710-6823
Propeller:3 Blade, Bronze