It's a slim chance that even the greenest sailor won't know the names Sparkman & Stephens and Tartan Yachts. In the late 1975, S&S produced the design for a 37 foot cruiser/racer to which almost 500 hulls were eventurally built by Tartan - an impressive production run for a high quality cruising boat. The 1981 Tartan 37 is a classic Sparkman & Stephens design and quality construction by the venerable Tartan Yachts. The excellent sailing manners, pleasing lines and rich interior teak wood work of the T37 have become Tartan trademarks. A swift hull shape sails well but also accommodates "gunk holing" in areas where normal fixed keel vessels can't go. Her skeg hung rudder and keel/centerboard configuration makes her ideal for shallow water cruising areas. Only 4'2" draft when the keel is pulled up, and a 7'9" when centerboard is lowered. Many have found with the center board down, she will sail to 30 degrees to apparent wind. Below decks you immediately recognize the hand crafted teak interior with a very functional layout for offshore sailing and dockside entertaing.
New Listing and more information & pictures to come
Give us a call to get aboard !!
Don't miss the boat !!!!
Starting forward you will find the V- berth stateroom. This cabin qualifies as an owner's cabin with two hanging lockers, bureau, ample shelf space, separate door enclosure to a dressing area, and private access to the head compartment. There is also access to the head from the main salon. the head features a shower, marine electric head, vanity and sink with hot and cold pressure water. Amid ship you will find the main salon featuring a bulk-head mounted folding dinning table large enough to seat eight. There are port and starboard settes with storage above outboard and under. Further aft to starborad you will find a well laid out U-shaped galley. Adjacent to port is comfortable in-line navigation station with chart table with storage. Directly aft of the nav. station is a quarter berth (no mattress). The companionway to the cockpit is on center-line with teak steps.
- Teak interior
- Interior upholstery - cream material (2021)
- New head liner (2023)
- Ample light and ventilation from multiple opening hatches and ports throughtout.
- Starboard salon settee pulls out to make a midship double berth
- Roku TV
Starboard of companionway is a well laid out U- shaped galley. Ample storage and great working space. Very comfortable working under way or on the hook.
- Deep double SS sink
- Pressure Hot / Cold water
- Hillerrange gimbaled 2 burner propane stove and oven
- Adler Barbour Refrigeration
- Microwave (2021)
In line nav station port of companionway stairs. Desk for storage and space for future electronics.
- Raymarine SL70C Radar / Chart - stern mounted
- Furuno Navigator GP31
- Autohelm ST 4000 Autopilot
- B&G Windspeed/point -- Knot -- Depth
- Uniden VHF radio
- Single Side Ban ICOM IC-M71D (unknown condition- current owner never used)
Yanmar 39 hp 3JH3E 3cyl FWC (it has been reported that the Yanmar replaced the Westerbeke - maintance log gives suggestion of approx 2000 replacement)
- approx 1016 hrs.
- 16' Variprop bronze (rebuilt / serviced 2022 by Variprop)
- 1'SS shaft
Keel stepped, single spreader, sloop rigged with most lines leading aft to cockpit.
- Profurl roller furling system
- 95% furling jib
- Lazy Jack flaking system w/ full batten main / 2 reef points
- Harken Traveler
- Rigid Boom Vang
Hand laid Fiberglass of high glass content mat and woven with uni-directional roving in stress areas and balsa.
- Displacement of 15,500 lbs / lead ballast 7,500 lbs
- Draft of 4'2" with center board up and 7'9" with center board down - her center board down give additonal winward pointing ability and can be used to balance the helm for effortless steering.
- Skeg hung rudder
Deck, balsa-cored for stiffness, is mechanically fastened, the joint bedded with butyl and polysulfide.
- Non-skid pattern on horizontal deck surfaces
- Tapered, teak toe rails at sheer with 1/4" stainless steel bol-fastenings.
- Low, straight coachrooof profile with teak grab rails
- Double rail bow and stern pulpits with lifelines
- Boarding gates port and starboard
- High, comfortable, raked coaming in cockpit
- Storage lockers port and starboard
- Pedestal steering w 36" destroyer type wheel
- Cockpit table (removable)
- Man Overboard life sling
- Cockpit Cushions
- WM Zodiac Life Raft (needs certification)
- Hard top dodger
- WM 6 man Zodiac Liferaft mounted in hard case in front of dodger (needs certification )
- 9' Zodiac roll up tender
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
Give us a call .. we are there to help you 24 /7
Roger Goodsell cell 510-710-6822 email@example.com
Dinah Goodsell cell 510-710-6823 firstname.lastname@example.org