"Mara" is a cutter rigged, aluminum deck stepped mast with a NEW bow sprint. She is a 1982 Tayana 37, designed by Robert Perry and built in the Ta-Yang Yard in Taiwan. The Tayana 37 started production in 1976 and 588 were built. Perry has drawn an unusally high-aspect rig for a cruising boat, and the result is a a boat with good performance on all points of sail. the Tayana 37 is surprisingly fast and very comfortable at sea.
"Mara" shows off her beautiful teak interior with exceptional joinery. Centerline companionway with 4 steps down puts you in a very comfortable sea going yacht. Galley is to port. Adjacent to starboard is the Nav Station which uses a portion of the stb aft quarter berth for seating. Moving forward you have a long "C" dinette to port and a lone bench seat along the starboard mid ship. Forward to port is full "wet" head with storage adjacent to starboard. Large "V" berth forward with additional storage.
- Burmese teak interior
- Teak and spruce sole
"U" shapped Galley lies to port of companionway. Ample storage and working counter space. Great for working underway or on the hook.
- Deep double SS sink
- Pressure Hot / Cold water
- New 2017 Water heater - heats from shore power or engine driven
- New Par 36800 belt pump- fresh water $551 - April 2022
- 2 burner Regal Propane gimbaled stove / oven
- Ice Box (Adler Barbour unit no longer working)
Yanmar 30hp 3HMF 3 cyl FWC
- 3 blade prop
- Engine service - Grand Marina Nov 2022 full service w/ new fuel pump
- Fuel polished and tank clean - April 2022
- Fuel tank pressure tested Nov 2022 - no leaks
- 2020 Pro Mariner Battery Charger - Pro Nautic 1220
- 2020 (4) 6v AGM lifeline - Hourse + (1) AGM 24 life line - Starter
Hull and Deck
"Mara" is a masthead, single spreader, double ender, full keel cutter with aluminum rig deck stepped that is suppported by a substantial compression column.
- Lines led aft to clutches and Barlow winches #21 are on the cabin top and #23 for jib sheets.
- Running rigging has been upgraded recently by owner
- 2022 New bow sprint installed by Grand Marina
- Bowsprit platform incorporates double anchor roller
- CQR anchor with approx 10' of 1/4 chain and 150' of 3 strand rode
- Nov 2022 -- New life lines with boarding gates port and starboard
- Partial batten main
- Hank on jib
- Hank on Staysail with long staysail boom / self tending (2 lowest hanks are frozen - not attached , need replacing)
- Boom gallo
- Arched traveler infront of dodger
- Wide and tall cabin trunk with teak full-length handrails along each side
- Bronze portlights and hardware offer rugged durability
- Aft cockpit - teak covering the seating and floor
- The hull to deck joint is built into a strong hollow box section, which forms a high standing bulwark.
- Wide sidedecks, convenient handrails and high bulwarks offer reassurance in a seaway.
- Cowl vents offer a good ventilation
- Center cabin has a "traditional" butterfly hatch for ample light and air
- The Tayana 37 measure 37 on hull but with bow sprint she is 42 overall
Ballast is cast iron and internal to the keel cavity and glassed over
- 5'8" draft with a full keel / with skag hung rudder
- All New thru hulls installed in 2017
- Bottom paint ... April 2022 Interlux Red Ultra-Kote
The Robert Perry designed Tayana 37, is the most successful of the many Taiwan-built double-ended full keel cruisers. Tayana's have a reputation of being an excellent offshore boat and is one of the more popular bluewater cruisers built. The Tayana 37 is a semi custom built vessel, it would be difficult to see 3 alike.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
Give us a call for additional information or setting up time to see the boat .
Roger Goodsell email@example.com
Dinah Goodsell firstname.lastname@example.org
Model:3HMF 3 cyl FWC