The Cal 39 is an American built sailboat that was designed by C. William Lapworth as a racer-cruiser, which started production in 1970. The Cal 39 completed several modifications with new models with a production of approx 150 built up to 1986.
"Chance" is a beautiful, well-made yacht with classic lines and good sailing characteristic. Not to mention her many upgrades.
The companionway is offset to starboard as you enter, lending more room for the galley. A comfortable passage of 4 steps down puts you in an open and well lit salon. L shapped galley to port. Adjacent to starboard in a large nav station and access to an aft starboard quarter berth (currently no mattress/ cushion). Moving forward is a long dinettee settee to port with a large double-leaf centerline table. A long 6'4" settee to port which also makes into great sea kindly berth. Moving forward to port is a full head / shower, with a Lavac - fresh water head w/ Y value and macerator. Adjacent to starboard is a cabnet and drawers for storage. Forward is a large V berth with cedar lined hanging locker to starboard and five drawers to port.
- Custom cabinetry throughout
- Custom storage shelves built behind back rest cushions.
- Fairly new salon cushions with a tan palm tree effect
- (2) large opening hatches and (2) ports lending to plenty of air and light
- (2) Dorade vents over salon
- 6'3" headroom
- Upgraded interior lights to LED
- Fusion 650 Stereo
Large L shaped galley to port of companionway. With ample storage from cabinets and drawers throughout.
- Centerline deep SS sink
- Pressure hot / cold water
- Dometic Refrigeration - top loading
- Force 10 gimbaled LPG (3) burner and oven
- New custom counter tops - Corian
- (2) Aluminum tanks mounted on deck fwd port of dodger
The Cal 39 hull is solid glass and laid up fairly robust. The hull-to-deck joint is the conventional inward facing flange and is both chemically and mechanically fastened. The freeboard is moderate and a fair bit of overhang forward and a rakish reverse transom.
- 6'8" Fin Keel
- Sea Blue hull with white water line and boot strip
- Bottom painted May 2021
The deck is balsa-cored in most places and plywood was used in high-load areas. The interior bulkheads are securely tabbed to the hull and a molded liner is used on the cabin sides and overhead liner. Seagoing cockpit with short seats separated by the helm. Lazarretts for storage.
- Teak toe rail
- Tan Non-Skid deck
- Raised white coachroof with teak grabrails along port and starboard for safety
- Double high SS Bow and Stern pulpit
- Double high life lines with boarding gates port and starboard
- Single bow roller
- Lewmar Windlass
- Manson #45 with approx 150 5/16 chain + 150 rode
- Stern Fortress FX 23 Anchor / chain and rode
- Dodger / Bimini 2021
- Teak cockpit table
Spacious chart table starboard of companionway with ample space for future electronics and great storage.
- Signet Knot - Depth - Windspeed-point
- Garmin GWS 10 Windspeed (mounted on top of solar)
- Garmin 740 @ helm
- Raymarine ST 6001 with handheld remote
- ICOM MC-422 and Ram Mic
- Monitor Windvane w/ M-RUD emergency steering system
- Ritchie compass 5"
- Sirius SOS distress light
- Perkins 4-108 50hp 4cyl FWC
- 2 blade 18X14 prop
- Bronze prop shaft 1 1/4"
- PSS gland - 2013
- 32" Destroyer wheel
- Engine serviced by owner 2021
- 30 amp / 110
- Charger + Pro Mariner 600W Inverter
- Victron Monitor
- (6) lead acid 6V House - 2016 (port lazarette)
- (1) lead acid 12V Starter - 2016 ( Starboard of engine)
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord _ Smart Plug
- (2) Hard solar mounted on frame above Bimini
- (2) Soft dodger solar panels on dodger
- (1) Soft solar panel on deck fwd of dodger
- Smart Pllug 30 amp 50' shore power cord
Sloop rigged, single spreader, keel stepped with lines led aft to cockpit.
- (2) Barient #32 ST in cockpit
- (1) " #28 ST cabin top under dodger
- (1) " #23 ST Port cabin top
- (1) " #27 ST Cabin top
- (1) " #28 ST Cabin top
- (1) Harken #8 on boom
- (1) Barient #10 in cockpit near OB lift
- 2018 Schaefer roller furling system
- 2018 New forestay
- Navtec Hydraulic backstay adjuster 2011
- Tides Marine mainsail track
- Whisker pole mounted to mast
- 2011 NEW Standing Rigging by Easom Rigging
- " New boom / New Mast step replaced / LED tricolor and spreader lights
- 2011 Quantum full batten main w/ Dutchman system
- 2015 North Sail 110% jib
- 130% genoa (pre 2006)
- Asy Spinnaker w/ sock
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.