Newer Electronics & Sails
Transferable slip at Marina Cortez on Harbor Island
Bottom paint may 2022
It’s a slim chance that even the greenest sailor won’t know the names Sparkman & Stephens and Tartan Yachts. In the late 1970s, S&S produced the design for a 37 foot cruiser/racer to which almost 500 hulls were eventually built by Tartan – an impressive production run for a high quality cruising boat. The 1980 Tartan 37 is a classic Sparkman & Stephens design and quality construction by the venerable Tartan Yachts. The excellent sailing manners, pleasing lines and rich interior teak wood work of the T37 have become Tartan trademarks. A swift hull shape sails well but also accommodates “gunk holing” in areas where normal fixed keel vessels can’t go. Her skeg hung rudder and keel/centerboard configuration make her ideal for shallow water cruising areas. Only 4' 2" Draft when the keel is pulled up. Below decks you immediately recognize the hand crafted teak interior with a very functional layout for offshore sailing and dockside entertaining.
Her Timeless Classic lines and Elegant Black Hull draw attention
wherever she goes.
- Far forward is the chain locker, accessible from the forward end of the V-berth.
- V-berth with filler, hanging lockers to port and starboard. Drawer and cabinet storage to starboard.
- Head with manual toilet, stainless steel sink, vanity, storage and handheld shower. Shower curtain on overhead track protects the wood. Head is accessible from V-berth stateroom or salon.
- Salon with hanging locker and drawer and locker storage forward to starboard. Straight settee to starboard, opposite L-shaped settee to port. Teak table with leaf to serve both settees folds against the bulkhead out of the way when more space is desired.Storage behind both settees. Built in Emerson TV with VCR.
- Sony CD stereo
- Blaupunkt speakers in salon
- Nav station is aft to port in salon and aft of nav station is a large quarterberth.
- Galley is aft to port
- Teak and holly sole throughout
- Solid teak interior
- Top loading Adler Barbour refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Hillerange 3 burner CNG stove with oven
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Newer GPS/ Plotter, Radar, Electronics
- Ritchie compass
- Autohelm wheel drive autopilot
- Raytheon R10X radar
- Signet wind/speed/depth
- 12V/110V systems
- Tartan DC breaker panel
- Newmar AC panel
- Westmarine Mobile Power Inverter Seavolt 700W
- Shore power cord
- Furling headsail (Hood replaced 4 years ago)
- Mainsail with cover (Hood replaced 4 years ago)
- (2) Lewmar cabintop winches
- (2) Lewmar primary self tailing winches
- Keel stepped mast is unpainted aluminun
- Black hull
- Centerboard keel
- BBQ with canvas cover
- Inflatable dinghy with soft floor
- Tohatsu 2.5hp OB with canvas cover
- New dodger
- Winch covers
- Teak handrail covers
- Teak grating in cockpit
- Teak cockpit seat grating
- Cockpit cushions
- MOB pole
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
Contact the listing agent Ian Van Tuyl at 1-619-507-4416 text or call to get immediate response